Bakersfield, CA 10/1/2023 – After celebrating our 75th Anniversary, we are proud to begin the next chapter and to add to our storied history. After 25+ years at the helm, former CEO James R Boyles announced his retirement in June of 2022. In July of 2022, Mark Reed was named as Vita-Pakt’s new CEO. “It’s been a wild year to say the least, record fruit tons processed, major plant renovations, explosive growth, and we’re just getting started!” stated Mark Reed.
We recently kicked off the new season with our Inaugural Town-Hall. Our management team not only shared new season goals, increased plant capacities and enhanced employee workplace… but we also debuted our Fresh New Look:
This clean new look represents our continued commitment to quality plant-based ingredients, well beyond citrus. Vita-Pakt continues to expand its presence as the quality leader in citrus but has also invested in a state-of-the-art fruit and vegetable processing system. This will allow us to grow with our customers’ needs and provide a wide range of plant-based products.
Earlier this year, Vita-Pakt expanded its overall sales force and market presence with the acquisition of our long-standing broker/partner, B.A. Carlson, in Somers, NY (Vita-Pakt East Coast Sales & Distribution). This experienced sales team, led by Kim Carlson and Julie Oyen, has over 25 years of experience and deep-rooted customer and supplier relationships. This has proven to be a welcome addition to our growth plans and direct-to customer business approach.
In addition to our East Coast office, we have also expanded in market distribution to meet our customers’ needs and growing demand for JIT deliveries. Vita-Pakt now offers products and logistics services from CA, TX, AL, NC, NJ and PA. The upper Midwest and Canada are serviced by our long-standing Distribution partners H&W/ Dayton Foods and Professional Ingredients.
None of these achievements would be possible without the amazing team members that make up Vita-Pakt, and we value each and every one of them! To help lead this outstanding group, we have made several leadership changes throughout 2023:
- Amir Sadeghian has been promoted from VP, Sales, and Communications to Chief Sales Officer (CSO). Amir states, “I’m excited to step into this new role at Vita-Pakt during this pivotal growth trajectory in the company’s history. As the leading producer of the highest quality ingredients, along with a sizable increase in investments aimed at expanding product offerings and drastically improving processing capacity and capabilities, I am confident that we can further accelerate what is already a record year for Vita-Pakt. I remain focused and committed to a customer-first focus that produces the best outcome for our customers.”
- Roger Carender has been promoted from Director of Engineering to General Manager of Operations & Engineering. Roger says, “I’m super excited to take on this new role of General Manager with Vita-Pakt during this expansion of the company’s juice processing capacity. It’s my goal to take this plant to the next level and beyond with premium juice processing. I fully expect to increase throughputs and efficiencies with the new expansion and added integrated equipment. Our new plant design and layout will be one of a kind, and we will continue to produce the best quality NFC juices in the industry. Our best is yet to come.”
- Marshall Dunn has joined the team as our Director of Research & Business Development. He brings a wealth of knowledge to assist in growing and continually developing our R & D Department.
- Stacy Dodson has been promoted to Executive Controller where she will oversee all aspects of the Finance and Accounting Departments.
- Jodi Buford has been promoted to the Director of Marketing & Executive Liaison where she will be focused on building an influential marketing platform for the company.
- Scott Leuffen has been promoted from National Sales Manager to West Coast, Director of Sales.
- We also welcomed Ryan Reed, our East Coast Sales Director.
Vita-Pakt is looking forward to sustained growth as we continue to expand operations and sales. For over 75 years, our company’s success has been driven by our commitment to providing the highest quality products, unparalleled customer service, innovative processes, and continuous employee development.